Skip to main content

Start your day off right smoothies...



So, I show up to class today with my usual Double Tall 20 oz. homemade smoothie.   I mention to my class if you’re going to stay for the full 90 min you got to put something in you.  I’m not talking about a crap bowl of Special K either.  No more skipping the most important meal of the day.  Cause then I gotta deal with crabby/crashing sistas…lol.  Really though, start the day off right.

Anyway, I mention “This one has kale;)”

“Yuck! I could NOT do that” Blurts out a front rower.

Me, “OK, but try this one”

“Oh wow that’s good!” she smiles.

Heck ya it is.  I don’t gulp down stuff just because it’s good for me.  I like things that taste good too.  I don’t just eat clean cause I like how it makes my body feel and look, but really God made some amazing foods.  You just got to put them together into the right combinations.  So, after they all pester me (ask & beg politely)…Yes I will post a few of my favorite “START THE DAY OF RIGHT SMOOTHIES”:

NOTE-my fruit is frozen, I buy in bulk or on sale. Bananas’ should be peeled then broken in half & freezer bagged.  I got pineapple on sale a few weeks back for a buck a piece…whahooooo. Cut those puppies up & freeze.  Delish!

BIT O kale or spinach-

1-2 c. of Crystal lite juice

1/3 c. blueberries

½ pineapples

½ - 1 banana

1 scoop Protein Powered (I put this in last after everything else is completely blended, then just blend for 2-4 seconds because I do not like my smoothies foamy)

 

Peaches n Cream

1-2 C. Crystal lite juice

½ strawberries or banana

½ c peaches

½ c Greek yogurt        

1 scoop Protein Powder

Cocoa crazy fuel

1-2 c almond or rice milk

1 TBS cocoa

1 TBS Mecca powder

1 TBS nut butter

1 frozen banana

1 scoop Protein Powder
 
Feel free to add Wheatgerm, ground flax, or chia seeds to any of these for added nutrients.
And PLEASE, add your favorite smoothies.  Let me know what you like. Lets share the knowledge;)


Comments

  1. I've been drinking
    1 banana
    1 cup strawberries
    1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
    8-10 oz vanilla coconut milk
    1 cup kale
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    2 tbspns milled chia
    3/4 cup ice
    So yummy! All estimates though cuz I tend to just chuck stuff in the blender haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this Nasca! I know you've handed recipes out in class but I've managed to lose them before trying them. I have a hard time getting motivated to make smoothies during our cool fall/winter weather but here's one I just love making:

    1 Cup Strawberries (Blueberries are great too)
    1 Cup Mango (Freddie's has frozen organic mango cubes if you cant find fresh ones)
    2 Ripe Bananas
    1/2 - 1 Cup Crushed Ice
    1 - 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk
    1-2 Tbsp. Orange or Pineapple Juice Concentrate
    8 oz. Vanilla or Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt
    1/2 - 1 Cup Kale (optional, while it changes the color it does not change the taste and adds a ton of vitamins!)

    This recipe makes about 4 - 8 oz. Smoothies, you can add more or less ice and milk depending on how thick you like your smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, c all the possibilities we come up with. It's fabulous!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's vs. Kids meal

So, way back in the day when I considered getting pregnant; I told Heavenly father "if u send me a girl, I'll most likely send her back. May I please have boys?"  Some of this stemmed from not getting along with my little sister. Not the case anymore, SHE ROCKS! But I'm thinking cause I always thought of my self as the ugly duckling & more of a Tom boy, I'd get along with boys better. I'd know what to do with them :). Well, now I spend my days being surrounded by the cutes boys on the planet. Really they are. Plus all their crazy & cute little friends.  Like the other day they wanna dress in morph suits & want me to take them to Wally mart so they can make videos. Sooooo crazy silly. I love these kids. But them one friend acts a little too crazy & some old fart yells at them to take their masks off, turn off their camera & get out of the store. Some people just don't know how to enjoy life. So sad:(  Next they con me into taking th

Skinny Fat with a Frozen Shoulder

CM came to me a year ago feeling frumpy and weak.  She also had a frozen shoulder.  She couldn't raise one of her arms above chin height.  I said "Girl, you are "skinny fat".  She chuckled and said put on some hard rock & make me sexy.  Well, not in those exact words, but just about.  What I really appreciate about CM is her tenacity and drive.  She did what I told her to do.  She worked out with me a couple days a week and then took her healthy body into her own hands and worked out on her own.  She would go to the "Y" on her off days and do her "homework". What the crap is up with all these """"".  Yes, I give homework.  Whether one does it or not is up to them.  I still remember week 6 when she went shopping and had dropped 2 pants sizes.   Wow, what a transformation.  I felt so happy for her.   She ended up dropping 4 sizes total: from a 12 to a 6.  CM gained muscles mass and dropped body fat %.  And got a bo

Burn 30% more calories, when Aunt Flow visits!!

With the help of my new "Period Tracker App", I've been notified I have 3 days left.   Crap, no wonder my kids can't seam to do anything right. So, Aunt Flow is coming to visit.  Oh, POOOO!.  Well, that explains why I feel my workouts have done nothing for me lately and my kids think I'm mean and off my rocker.  My jeans feel tighter and Paleo is going to pot...candy is calling my name. But, there is hope. Knowledge is power!  Actually, now that I've been warned, I actually feel better.  Well... a little anyway. OK, so here is the skinny on PMS and exercise.  Yes, there is great insight that is very helpful.  Besides the usual: avoid salty foods, drink lots of water, yes exercise, rest, meditate, and take your vitamins and supplements. There is a science to this madness;)  I'll give you a kiss (Keepin It Simple Sweetie). 1- When you are actually menstruating (bleeding 1-7 days), when all you wanna do is wear baggy sweatpants, eat crappy, and sit